Week 8 – Commencing Monday, 30 November, 2020
Edu-Dance Concert – Tuesday 8th December
A CONNECT notice was sent out on Thursday 26th November outlining the arrangements for the concert, including costume requirements.
Please note that due to physical distancing requirements, we ask that only two adults (18+) from each family group attend. Siblings under 18 can attend.
A copy of the notice is also on the 8th December entry on the Millen website.
Pixie Post for 2020
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…….
Starting from Monday 30th November there will be a post box in the front office for the students to mail their Christmas cards to friends, and the ‘Elves’ from the Room 4 will deliver them to the classrooms after lunch daily.
Should you wish your child to participate, please make sure that all the cards are named and have the room number on the envelope so that it makes the Elves’ job easier.
Student Booklists for 2021
A CONNECT notice was sent on 6th November with details of the 2021 Student Booklist requirements. Full information and individual lists are also on the Millen website at http://millenps.wa.edu.au/enrolments/book-lists/
Communications via CONNECT
If you have lost your User ID or need your password reset, please let office staff know ASAP so we can get you started again. Student reports will be sent out via CONNECT in the last week of term.
The School Board held its last meeting for 2020 on 26 November. The following items were discussed:
- Planning for next year’s student numbers and needs.
- Planned developments around the School, including the new quadrangle covering, student toilet refurbishment and Early Childhood playground. Thank you to the P&C for providing funds to support the latter two projects.
- Finance Report
- An update on P&C activities and plans. Leadership positions are available so please consider becoming involved in this very important group.
- Higgins Park Master Plan development. A special Council meeting will be considering recommendations made following the extensive consultation period. More information is available on the Town of Victoria Park website.
- The draft narrative on “What makes Millen Different”. As I mentioned in my last update the Board has worked with Jethro Sercombe to come up with a short expression of what is special and unique about our School. Thank you to Renee and Belinda Farcich, were able to review a really great draft and hope to bring it to the wider Millen community before the end of the year.
I would like to thank all members of the School Board for contributing so greatly this year. In amongst the busy and challenging year we have all continued to contribute to our School Board as volunteers, providing guidance, direction and support to the School Leadership Team. I hope you all enjoy a break over the holiday season.
Chair, Millen Primary School Board
Don’t forget: every Wednesday morning is Greenbatch & Containers for Change collection day.
Monday 30th November – 8:45am NAIDOC Assembly * Pixie Post commences
Wednesday 2nd December – Kent Street SHS orientation day
Thursday 3rd December – Uniform Shop open: 8 – 8:30am
Friday 4th December – 2pm – 2021 Student Leadership announcement & presentation
Monday 7th December – 2020 Student Leaders lunch
Tuesday 8th December – Edu-dance Concert – 5pm
Wednesday 9th December – Year 6 Graduation day & lunch
Friday 11th December – PBS Water Fun Day