A group consisting of teachers, parents, and the Principal make up the Millen Primary School Board to form the policies under which the school operates.
The School Board meets twice a term, please refer to the school calendar for dates.
The School Board is established under the School Education Act 1999.
The School Board is formed with the fundamental purpose of enabling parents and members of the community to engage in activities that are in the best interests of the students that will enhance the education provided by the school.
A board may do all things necessary or convenient to be done in connection with the carrying out of its functions.
School Board Terms of Reference June 2020
The Board’s functions are:
- to take part in establishing, and reviewing from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- to take part in the planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives,priorities and directions; and
- to take part in evaluating the school’s performance in achieving them;
- to promote the school in the community;
- to take part in formulating codes of conduct for students at the school;
- to determine, in consultation with students, their parents and staff of the school, a dress code for students when they are attending or representing the school;
- to carry out the functions given in the School Education Act 1999
Linda Adnyana – Chairperson
Han Oh – Parent Representative
Renee Darbyshir – Parent Representative
Paul Kellick – Parent Representative
Sam Sterrett – Parent Representative
Kate Harwood – Parent Representative
Steven Feast – P&C Representative
Isobel Comrie – Principal
Janine Leng (Secretary) – Manager Corporate Services
Tamara Hill – Teacher
Janita Woods – Teacher