Site Overlay

Intake area

Millen’s Local Intake Area

In line with Department of Education enrolment policy, the school must accept enrolments for the compulsory years of schooling (Pre-Primary onwards) if the child’s primary place of residence is within the intake area.  Out of area placements may be accepted only if enrolment numbers permit, and at the Principal’s discretion.

An out-of-area acceptance into the Kindergarten program does not guarantee your child a place in Pre-Primary and beyond.

Please refer to the map above and for those streets on the boundaries, also the written description.

The following will define the local intake area of this school from 2018

From the junction of Hayman Road and Kent Street, north west and north along Hayman Road (north east side included) to George Street, north east along George Street (south east side included) to Anketell Street, south east along Anketell Street (south west side included) to Rathay Street, north east along Rathay Street (south east side included) to Berwick Street, south east along Berwick Street (south west side included) to Kent Street, north east along Kent Street (south east side included) to Albany Highway, south and south east along Albany Highway (south and south west side included) to Boundary Road, south west and west along Boundary Road (north west and north side included) to Hill View Terrace, south along Hill View Terrace (west side included) to Hayman Road, north west and west along Hayman Road (north and north east side included) to the junction with Kent Street.


The local-intake area maps are based on a written description of the local-intake area (LIA) for the school as published in the WA Government Gazette.  Although the map closely represents the LIA description, for some houses near the boundary (especially on street corners), it may be necessary to refer to the written description.  The street address of a residence is used to determine whether that dwelling is inside a particular LIA.  While local-intake areas for most schools do not change from year to year, changes may be made to local-intake areas as required.  Such changes are published in the WA Government Gazette and subsequently the local-intake area map will be updated.