Week 10 – beginning Monday, 21 June 2021
Uniform Items & Lost Property
This year we have seen a significant increase in the number of children wearing jumpers, socks, hats, jackets and hair accessories in colours that do not blend in well with our school uniform. Can I ask all parents to please consider the school colours when selecting additional items for their children to wear to school? We are really proud of the Millen uniform and wearing this makes us feel part of a team.
Lots of children have lost their jackets and hats this term. Please check the names on your children’s jackets and hats in case they have one that is not theirs. If that’s the case, please return the named item to the office so it can be reunited with its correct owner.
Also, there is a mountain of un-named items in the orange tub on the veranda. If you’ve lost something, it may well be there.
Dear community: Our long-awaited uniform order is now scheduled to arrive in week 2 of term 3. We will deliver items to your child’s classroom that week. If you are uncertain about any sizes, please keep the tags on and come and see us to exchange. We will be open on Friday 30th July for this.
From your P&C Uniform Shop volunteers, Cath and Gillian.
Student Reports on Connect
Student reports will be uploaded to Connect in the last week of Term. If you have not been using this platform to date, now is the time to familiarise yourself with it. Parents of Year 5 & 6 students especially, will be needing access to their child’s reports for application to high schools. Connect can be accessed from a computer (connect.det.wa.edu.au), or via the ConnectNow phone app.
Where to find the reports on Connect: Once published, parents and students can find the reports in the My Children tab of Connect in the section called Reports. You will only see the Reports section if there are published reports for your child. Once published to Connect, reports will remain available until your child leaves the public education system. To see previous years’ reports, select the Year from the right-hand menu.
Millen has uploaded student reports from Semester 1 2019.
If you are having problems logging in to Connect or the ConnectNow app, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Janine.email@example.com or pop into the office so we can help you.
KINDY PARENTS: Reminder to return the purple Application for Enrolment to re-enrol your child at Millen for Pre-Primary 2022.
LAST CHANCE TO HAVE YOUR SAY – Your Move Parent Survey
A big thank you to all the families that have completed the Your Move Parent Survey.
Soon the Your Move team, as a part of Planet Millen, will be looking at the results of the survey to determine which changes you would like to see in how our students travel to and from the school and the number of cars around Millen PS at pick up and drop off times.
The team would love to hear your ideas so please take this last opportunity to take 5 minutes and complete the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/85PQ9PB
WE WANT YOUR ELIGIBLE CONTAINERS . . .
We are accepting eligible items for the Containers for Change scheme (bins located outside the art room) – see below. For safety reasons, please don’t send glass items with students – adults are welcome to drop them off in the bins though.
. . . and your bread tags . . .
- The students in Room 5 will be collecting plastic bread tags. Pop the tags into a small envelope or re-usable zip-lock bag and send to school with your child. The Room 5 students will collect each week from the classrooms. There will be a reward for the classroom that collects the most.
. . . and your old toothbrushes and toothpaste tubes.
- We are now a recycling collection hub for Oral Care Products including toothpaste tubes and caps, manual toothbrushes, electronic toothbrush heads, toothbrush and toothpaste plastic packaging and dental floss containers. Please make sure all items are clean and toothpastes tubes are empty. Items can be dropped in the designated bin located in the front office, outside the Art Room, or in the ECE area. To find out more you can visit https://www.terracycle.com/en-AU/brigades/oral-care-brigade-hubs-au
Of course, the best option is to try and avoid getting the plastic in the first place – Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, and Repurpose come before Recycle.
ORDERS NOW OPEN FOR Tommy Sugo Pasta Drive
The Millen Primary School P&C, in conjunction with Tommy Sugo, are running a pasta drive to raise funds to put back into our school. Delicious Tommy Sugo products can be ordered using the attached link (https://form.jotform.com/211508803350447). Orders are now open and close on 1st July 2021 with commission being donated to the P&C.
- Pasta products can be home delivered or picked up from the school canteen on Friday afternoons at 2.30pm during school term.
- We’d love you forward the link to family and friends, so they can also place orders to help us raise money for the school.
July Vacation Activities for Children:
There are more, listed on the Millen website here: Out of School Community Activities & Vacation Care – Millen Primary School (millenps.wa.edu.au)
Wednesday 23 June
- NAIDOC Assembly – 8:35am
- Aboriginal Health Testing
Friday, 25 June
- Interschool Winter Sports Carnival for selected students
- Fire incursion – Year 3 students
Tuesday 29 June – Toasty Tuesday – Yr 6 fundraising
Wednesday 30 June @ 8.35am – Junior assembly – Rm 18
Friday, 2 July – Last day of Term 2