Week 8 – Commencing 7.9.2020
I would like to congratulate Mrs Narelle McKie who has won a permanent position as the Curriculum Deputy Principal of Millen. Narelle has been acting in this position since last year.
Congratulations to Kambarang for winning this year’s carnival. The results were as follows:
1st place Kambarang 544 points
2nd place Birak 500 points
3rd place Makuru 494 points
4th place Djeran 460 points
And, congratulations to all of our champions:
|Year 1 girls||Azalia D||Emelia.I.
|Year 1 boys||Tahzeil H||Callan T|
|Year 2 girls||Elsie S
|Year 2 boys||Jake M||William K|
|Year 3 girls||Pema C||Emalea B|
|Year 3 boys||Luke W||Louis W|
|Year 4 girls||Sasha W||Zoe J|
|Year 4 boys||Bach D||Hadley W|
|Year 5 girls||Sasha N||Millie W|
|Year 5 boys||Farley N||Blake H|
|Year 6 girls||Hannah H||Hayley D|
|Year 6 boys||Alex R||Jasper K|
The Millen School Board met on Thursday 3 September and the following items were covered:
- We received an update on staffing at the School, acknowledging that Narelle McKie has been confirmed as Deputy Principal following Sharon Oldfield’s resignation due to taking up a role in Northern Territory. Planning has commenced toward staffing requirements in 2021 based on estimated student enrolment numbers.
- The School’s Sustainability Group are working on a masterplan for the Millen site and we are looking forward to receiving a more detailed update at our next meeting.
- The School’s new Business Plan is in draft and parent members on the Board will have an opportunity to discuss at a special meeting later in September. The Business Plan outlines strategic focus areas for the School and is an important document.
- We received an update on School finances.
- We approved the Personal List and Contributions and Charges for 2021.
- We noted with appreciation, the P&C’s financial support for several projects in the school.
- Noted the current status of the Higgins Park Master Planning process. The Masterplan options are currently before Council, with information available on the Council website. The Public Consultation period will commence on 21 September and I really encourage you to provide your feedback on this really important development for our community.
Chair, Millen Primary School Board
Wednesday 9th September – Assembly – Maths Wizard awards
Tuesday 15th September – Interschool Jumps, Throws & 400m (selected students)
Thursday 17th September – Interschool Athletics Carnival (selected students)
Loose Parts NaturePlay incursion for Kindy & Pre-Primary students
Friday 18th September – Loose Parts NaturePlay incursion for Kindy & PP students